Work around for this issue is to increase the amount of space allocated to db_recovery_file_dest; e.g.,
$ sqlplus sys as sysdba
SQL> show parameter db_recovery_file;
db_recovery_file_dest string /opt/oracle/flash_recovery_area
db_recovery_file_dest_size big integer 20G
Compare this with the output of ‘du -sh’; e.g.,
$ du -sh /opt/oracle/flash_recovery_area
21 vs 20, so set it to something a bit bigger; e.g.,
SQL> alter system set db_recovery_file_dest_size = 30G;
Extracted from this link on Remedian.com.
Was configuring a CentOS 6 server recently, and I decided to comment out all httpd (i.e. Apache) LoadModule directives. Upon restart, there were several invalid commands, so I took the time to note ’em down as it wasn’t obvious (to me, at least) which commands were provided by which modules.
I liken this to a cheat sheet to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ then:
Invalid command 'AddHandler': mod_mime
Invalid command 'Alias': mod_alias
Invalid command 'BrowserMatch': mod_setenvif
Invalid command 'DirectoryIndex': mod_dir
Invalid command 'IndexOptions': mod_autoindex
Invalid command 'LanguagePriority': mod_negotiation
Invalid command 'LogFormat': mod_log_config
Invalid command 'Order': mod_authz_host
Invalid command 'TransferLog': mod_log_config
I needed to copy a 140MiB file from a Windows 2000 server. The only problem was that it didn’t support FTP (or SFTP) and I couldn’t download FileZilla Server since there was no network connection. I asked my colleague for a quick fix to this, and I can’t recall what he said, but suddenly I remember that I’d RHEL 3 (and Samba) and I could use Windows to map a Samba share. Problem solved.
Sometimes it is thinking about a problem from a different perspective client/server instead of server/client. Heh
Use ‘netstat -tnlp’.
$ netstat -tnlp
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:1521 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:54904 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:17500 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 2366/dropbox
tcp6 0 0 :::139 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 ::1:631 :::* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::445 :::* LISTEN -
I use ‘grep’ alot, but it false positives when searching in a Subversion working copy. So I’m using the ‘-r’ flag to recursive search for the phrase ‘quick brown fox’:
$ grep -r 'quick brown fox' *
app/controllers/users_controller.php: quick brown fox
app/controllers/.svn/text-base/users_controller.php.svn-base: quick brown fox
This is only a minor annoyance if there are just two entries, but often that’s not the case. The solution is to add the ‘–exclude-dir=.svn’ flag. But the extra characters causes unnecessary fatigue on my fingers, so I’ve added an alias to my .bashrc file:
alias grep='grep --exclude-dir=.svn'
For maximum mileage, combine this with ‘-ir’:
alias grep='grep -ir --exclude-dir=.svn'
Should you update /etc/hostname — I did — be sure to update the default tnsnames.ora and listener.ora.
Mine were found in /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/network/admin.
Otherwise you’ll get an ORA-12541 message.
The following shell command runs the ‘du’ command to a max folder depth of 1, and then pipes the output to ‘sort’, and the finally writes it ‘du_log’.
$ du -h --max-depth=1 | sort -n -r > du_log