I bought a Sony VAIO Y Series laptop for my wife last Valentine’s Day — how practical, I KNOW — and it’s been working great thus far, except for one niggling thing.
It boots into a recovery mode called VAIO Care every time. This mars the user experience siince the intention is always Windows 7, not VAIO Care!
I’ve copy-pasted the text wholesale, in case the site goes down one day (and mine doesn’t):
- Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click the Accessories folder and then click the System Tools folder.
- In the System Tools folder, click Task Scheduler.
- In the Task Scheduler window, in the left pane, click Task Scheduler Library.
- In the middle pane, click VAIO Care.
- In the right pane, under Actions , click Disable.
- Close the Task Scheduler window.